2016年5月30日 星期一

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-51


274. "不用捶胸頓足"
A. I can't believe how terrible my presentation to the class turned out to be.
B. Stop kicking yourself. It's not the end of the world.


275. "別搞砸了"
A. I need to buy the plane tickets for our vacation soon.
B. Don't drop the ball on this one. It is high season, and the cheap tickets will sell out fast.


276. "他被當成耳邊風"
A. Did you tell your husband that it would be a risky bet to invest in that company?
B. I did, but it fell on deaf ears. The stocks we own are now almost worthless.


277. "別拿我出氣"
A. Mom yelled at me for not cleaning the kitchen. You used the kitchen too, but she said nothing to you.
B. Don't take it out on me. I didn't make a mess like you did.

Note. 類似說法: vent sth on sb

278. "非常時期需要非常手段"
A. I heard that Matt is selling his car.
B. Yeah, he just lost his job. Drastic times call for drastic measures.


279. "大做文章"
A. Did you hear about the latest scandal that politician is involved in?
B. Of course! The press is having a field day with it.

Note. field day 表示 "重要活動的日子; 大好時機; 令人相當愉快的時間", have a field day 可用來指某人可以盡情, 肆意地做事, 而所做的事可能會傷害其他人.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...