2016年5月3日 星期二

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-41

219. "我也不知道" 
A. Do you know where to catch the bus around here?
B. Your guess is as good as mine. I always take the MRT.

Note. 類似說法: It beats me; I have no idea; Don't ask me 

220. "易如反掌" 
A. I heard the economy is turning around in the city.
B. It's true. Finding a job is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Note. 類似說法: It's a piece of cake; It's a walk in the park; It's a breeze/cinch/snap 

221. "你要做好心理準備" 
A. How did the meeting with the clients go? Are any of them going to place a big order?
B. Brace yourself. I've got some very bad news to tell you.


222. "情況還很難斷言" 
A. What did the doctor say about Ted's illness? Is he going to get better?
B. The doctor isn't sure. He says it's touch and go right now.

Note. touch and go 為形容詞片語, 帶有 "輕輕一碰就可能引起災難" 的意思. 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...