2016年5月5日 星期四

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-42

223. "睜一隻眼, 閉一隻眼" 
A. A lot of people still break no-smoking laws in public buildings.
B. I know. It seems as if the police have turned a blind eye to it.

Note. 類似說法: turn a deaf ear to sth (對 ... 充耳不聞) 

224. "我問心無愧" 
A. I don't think you're telling me the truth about where you were last night.
B. Well, I did tell you the truth, so my conscience is clear.

Note. 名詞 conscience 為 "良心, 良知" 之意. 

225. "眼不見為淨" 
A. Why did you put those boxes of stuff in the closet? Aren't you supposed to go through them?
B. Out of sight, out of mind. I'll deal with them when I have time.

Note. 類似說法: Far from eye, far from heart. 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...