2016年4月6日 星期三

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-31

169. "會吵的小孩有糖吃" 
A. I complained about my uncomfortable seat on the airplane, and the flight attendant let me sit in first class.
B. Lucky you! The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Note. 形容詞 squeaky 表 "嘎嘎作響", The squeaky wheel gets the oil/grease 引申抱怨大聲的人才會得到想要的東西. 

170. "打鐵要趁熱" 
A. After months of discussing it, we finally reached a consensus on how to proceed with the project.
B. We should assign the work right now, then. Let's make hay while the sun shines.

Note. 名詞 hay 表 "乾草". 類似說法: Strike while the iron is hot 

171. "你看起來愁眉苦臉" 
A. You look down in the dumps. What happened?
B. I just got news that I didn't get the job I applied for.

Note. 名詞 "dump" 原意為 "垃圾場, 垃圾堆". 類似說法: You look sad/depressed; You look bummed out; Why the long face? 

172. "找點正經事做吧!" 
A. I'm going to play video games all weekend long and not do anything else.
B. Oh, get a life! Why don't you go get some exercise instead?

Note. get a life 字面意思是 "找個生活來過", 就是 "找點有意義的事做". 



沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...