2016年3月28日 星期一

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-28

151. "冤冤相報何時了" 
A. Sam started a rumor about me, so I'm going to start one about him.
B. Just let it go. Two wrongs don't make a right.


152. "沒魚, 蝦也好" 
A. This is the only shady spot where we can have a picnic.
B. It's not so great, but it'll have to do.


153. "挖東牆, 補西牆" 
A. I think I'll use my credit card to make my car payment this month.
B. You should never do that! All you're doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.


154. "我覺得事有蹊蹺" 
A. Our competition knew all of our moves in the market before we made them last year.
B. I know. I smell a rat. Someone in our company is leaking information.


155. "風馬牛不相干" 
A. Our new advertisements don't look like I want them to do.
B. Well, that's neither here nor there. This meeting is supported to be about sales strategy.


156. "別當眾發火" 
A. David is so late that I'm going to yell at him for making us wait for him.
B. Don't make a scene when he gets here. It might not be his fault.

Note. 名詞 scene 在此指 "大聲吵鬧". 類似說法: Don't cause a scene; Don't attract attention; Don't call attention to yourself. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...