2016年3月7日 星期一

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-21

113. "不留後路; 自斷退路" 
A. Were you still on good terms when you left the company?
B. Yes. I didn't want to burn my bridges when I left.


114. "這是掛保證的" 
A. Is the boss really going to give all of us a few extra vacation days this year?
B. He gold me that personally, so you can take it to the bank.

Note. 類似說法: You can believe it; You can quote me on that; I personally guarantee it 

115. "做做樣子; 做表面工夫" 
A. Does Mary like her job?
B. Not. She's just going through the motions until she can find something better to do.

Note. go through 指 "履行; 經過", motions 指 "動作", 故 go through the motions (of sth) 即表示 "做做樣子". 

116. "我罩你" 
A. Thanks for helping me finish the report. I couldn't have done it without you.
B. Don't worry. I've got your back.


117. "自視甚高; 目中無人" 
A. I don't like Shelly. She always has her nose in the air.
B. Yeah, I don't know whey she think she is better than everyone.

Note. 類似說法: She is stuck up; She is a snob. 

118. "別再說了; 有完沒完" 
A. When are you going to get the car fixed? I've been asking you to do it for weeks.
B. Would you please jut give it a rest? I'll take care of it when I have the time.

Note. 類似說法: Stop it; Drop it; Cut it out; Can it; Leave it/me alone 




沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...