2016年2月16日 星期二

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-12

63. "幫我說話/站在我這邊" 
A. I think the boss is right. You should have done the report differently.
B. Hey, back me up here. I followed your advice when I wrote it.

Note. 類似說法 Have my back / Watch my back 

64. "有備無患" 
A. Do you really think we need to carry umbrellas? The weather looks beautiful.
B. Yeah, let's bring them. Better safe than sorry.


65. "差一點" 
A. Did you get a perfect score on the test?
B. Close, but no cigar. I scored a 98.


66. "不要輸不起" 
A. I think you cheated! That's the only way you could have beaten me.
B. Don't be such a sore loser. I won this game fair and square.


67. "不要心存僥倖" 
A. I'm sure I'll be able to get a ticket to the concert on the night of the show.
B. Don't press your luck. Most shows ssell out weeks ahead of time.

Note. 類似說法 Don't take any chances. 

68. "看開一點" 
A. I can't believe I forgot my lines and froze in fear onstage.
B. Well, it happens to a lot of actors the first time they perform before a live audience. Just let it go.

Note. 類似說法 Don't worry about it / Just drop it / Just forget about it / You'll get over it 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...