2016年2月21日 星期日

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-16

88. "魚與熊掌不可兼得" 
A. If we get a rental car during our vacation, we'll have to stay at cheaper hotels.
B. Oh, well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Note. 類似說法 You can't have it both ways ; You can't have the best of both worlds. 

89. "臨陣退縮" 
A. I though you were going to marry your boyfriend sometimes last year.
B. We talked about it, but we both got cold feet so we called it off.


90. "別吊我胃口" 
A. I've heard some juicy gossip about the net secretary at work.
B. Well, don't keep me in suspense. Tell me what you've heard.


91. "有起床氣" 
A. Wow! Jenny is in a really bad mood. Do you know what's wrong?
B. I have no idea. She must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.


92. "見機行事; 看著辦" 
A. Do you have your day in London all planned out?
B. Not at all. I'm just going to play it by ear when I get there.


93. "不要妄自菲薄" 
A. I'm thinking I should just take the small pay increase the company is offering.
B. Don't sell yourself short. You are worth a lot more money than they are paying you.


沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...