2016年2月15日 星期一

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-11

57. "自食惡果" 
A. I never should have left university without a degree.
B. Well, you made your bed, and now you have to lie in it.


58. "白費心力" 
A. I spent a lot of time, money, and energy preparing a delicious seafood dinner for lan's birthday, but in the end, he didn't eat anything.
B. Of course. Offering a seafood diner to lan is like casting pearls before swine. He hates eating fish.


59. "守口如瓶" 
A. I'll tell you a secret if you promise you won't spill the beans.
B. I promise I won't tell anyone your secret. So, what is it?

Note. 指無意間洩漏秘密可用 "let the cat out of the bag" 

60. "分秒必爭" 
A. Do you think the river will flood the town?
B. I hope not. Workers are racing against the clock to put up sandbags.

Note. 也可說 "work against the clock", "race against time" 

61. "搶某人鋒頭" 
A. Why did't you tell anyone that you are pregnant?
B. Because my sister is getting married, and I didn't want to steal her thunder.


62. "讓某人難堪" 
A. Should I give a speech at the meeting?
B. Only if you have time to prepare one. Otherwise, you'll make a monkey of yourself.

Note. 也可說 "make a fool of sb" 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...