2016年1月20日 星期三

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-1

1. "到此為此" 
A. Do you think we should keep seeing each other?
B. We both know this relationship isn't going to work out, so let's leave it at that.


2. "放馬後炮" 
A. David says that if you had made these changes to your presentation, you would have made the sale.
B. Hit's just a Monday morning quarterback. He couldn't have made a better presentation with the information I had at that time.


3. "原來如此" 
A. I wonder why they put up a wall of plants and flowers at the art gallery.
B. They are promoting the city's flower festival.
A. Now it's clear as day.

Note. I see / I got it / No wonder / Now I get it. / That makes sense. 

4. "他有毛病嗎?" 
A. The client wants to use our product for six months before he pays for it.
B. What planet is he from? Tell him that we don't do business that way.


5. "背黑鍋" 
A. I don't think I can finish the project on time.
B. Well, you'll have to tell that to the boss. I'm going to take the heat for your failure.

Note.: 除了用 take the heat, 類似用法還有: be a scapegoat / be left holding the bag 

6. "格格不入" 
A. Do you want to go to dance club tomorrow night?
B. Not really. I don't know how to dance, so I'd just feel out of place.

Note.: not fit in / a fish out of water 




沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...