2015年9月3日 星期四

[ 常見問題 ] How to flatten an image with 127 parents

Source From Here
Question
Newbie question: if I've managed to make an image with 127 layers (I know, bad form), is there a way to flatten it?

It seems like most solutions require making a container as the first step, but since I'm already at 127 layers in my image, I can't do that. When I try to I get an error ""Error response from daemon: Cannot create container with more than 127 parents"

How-To
You can flatten an image with docker export and then docker import. That will take all the existing layers and export them as a single file system image, in a tarball. Then import will bring it back in again as an image.
Steps:
1. docker run --name mycontainer image to create a container (the container name mycontainer is just an example)
2. docker export --output=mycontainer.tar mycontainer the container to a tarball (mycontainer.tar is just an example)
3. cat mycontainer.tar | docker import - mynewimage:imported the tarball (the image name mynewimage:imported is just an example)


沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...