2016年3月17日 星期四

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-26

144. "放手去做吧" 
A. I can take over the building project if you'd like.
B. Sounds good to me. Take the ball and run with it.

Note. 類似說法: Don't drop the ball; The ball is in your court = It's your call = It's up to you = It's your move 

145. "你說服我了" 
A. Tim's party is going to be great. You really should cancel your other plans and come along with me.
B. Say no more. I'm sold on this idea.

Note. 反義說法: I don't buy it 

146. "難就難在這裡" 
A. We have the right computer software, but no one in the office knows how to use it.
B. There's the rub. We'll have to hire someone who has used it before.

Note. rub 在此作名詞用, 指 "困難; 難處; 障礙". There's the rub 表示 "這就是困難所在" 

147. "別仗勢欺人" 
A. I just got a promotion, and I now have a much higher rank in the company than those I work with.
B. That's great, but don't throw your weight around. It could come back to haunt you.



沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...