2016年3月9日 星期三

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-22

119. "我忘了" 
A. Did you remember to pick up the dry cleaning on your way home from work?
B. Oh, no! It slipped my mind. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Note. 類似說法: It slipped my memory; I (total) forgot. 

120. "已成定局" 
A. Did you take the college entrance exam already?
B. Yes, I did. The die is cast, and now I just have to wait for the result.

Note. 類似說法: What's done is done; What's done cannot be undone. 

121. "低調一點" 
A. I'll be traveling in some dangerous areas of the world for work.
B. Keep a low profile when you're there. Dress casually and don't show off your wealth.

Note. 類似說法: Don't draw attention to yourself; Keep yourself in the background 

122. "我對這件事就是不起勁" 
A. Why did you get such a low grade on your science project?
B. I just couldn't work up much enthusiasm for it.

Note. 動詞 "work up" 有 "激起 (熱情)" 之意, 後面常接 enthusiasm, interest, courage 等名詞. 
類似說法有: I couldn't get excited about it; I couldn't get pumped up about it. 





沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...