2016年4月14日 星期四

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-35

188. "這張照片沒有妳本人好看" 
A. I'm going to put this photo on my Facebook page.
B. Why? This picture doesn't flatter you at all.

Note. 動詞 flatter 意為 "奉承; 諂媚", 在此表示某照片沒有讓你更出色的意思. 

189. "走路要看路" 
A. Hey! Watch where you're going!
B. I'm sorry! Did I almost bump into you?


190. "沒這回事" 
A. I heard that there was a fight during your gym class today.
B. What? Nothing of that sort happened.


191. "不要烏鴉嘴" 
A. Oh, no. The train is probably going to be late again.
B. Hey, don't jinx it. There's still a good chance it will be on time.

Note. jinx 做名詞表示 "掃把星", 在此作動詞, 意為 "使倒楣". 

192. "先下手為強" 
A. There's a big sale on flat screen TVs at that store.
B. Let's get a jump on it and get there before they're all sold out

Note. get a jump on sth 字面上有跳到某位子上佔據起來, 以防別人搶先一步. 

193. "那故事讓我心裡直發毛" 
A. Did you read the story about the bodies missing from the cemetery?
B. I did. The story gave me the willies.

Note. willies 表示 "因害怕而毛骨悚然的感覺" 



沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...