2016年4月12日 星期二

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-34

182. "就憑你" 
A. I'm going to force Gary to admit he was wrong
B. Oh yeah? You and what army?
A. Don't worry. I have my ways.

Note. 類似說法: You and who else? 


182. "把某人臭罵一頓" 
A. I can't believe you lost the sale to our competitor.
B. I know. The manager raked me over the coal about it at the sales meeting.



185. "一朝被蛇咬, 十年怕草繩" 
A. Are you planning to invest money in the stock market?
B. No, I lost too much last year. Once bitten twice shy.


186. "我講錯話了" 
A. Why do you look so embarrassed?
B. I put my foot in my mouth when I was talking to the girl I like.

Note. 這句話意指 "無意中講錯話而傷害他人, 使自己感到難堪" 



187. "他找錯對象了" 
A. I think Philip is going to ask Amy out on a date.
B. He's barking up the wrong tree. Doesn't he know she's getting married next month?

Note. 此說法的典故與打獵有關. 在美國拓荒時期, 許多打獵為生的拓荒者會帶著獵犬去打獵. 當獵物逃到樹上躲藏, 不會爬樹的獵犬便對著樹吠叫, 但有時獵犬會看錯而對著沒有獵物的樹狂吠. 
因此 bark up the wrong tree 便引申 "搞錯對象" 的意思, 也常用來指 "怪錯人". 



沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...