Source From Here
If you have been around VMWare long, then you have cloned, restored or otherwise copied a virtual machine. When the copied virtual machine is created, it is given a different MAC address, which causes VMWare to see its network adapter as eth1. This will result in eth1 being assigned either a DHCP address at boot if available or to use a self-assigned address if not. This article shows how to fix this problem using Linux, but whatever operating system you are using, the steps are similar.
Bringing Up Interface Eth0: Error: No Suitable Device Found: No Device Found for Connection ‘System Eth0′
The problem begins when, after cloning a virtual machine, the eth0 device cannot be found by the kernel. You will normally notice an error during boot similar to: “Bringing up Interface eth0: Error: No suitable device found: no device found for connection ‘System eth0′.
As I mentioned above, this is caused when the new virtual machine is created. VMware has assigned an ethernet adapter to the virtual machine with a different MAC address than what the source VM was using.
Find the New MAC Address for Your Network Adapter
There are many ways to find the new MAC address assigned to your network adapter. Since this is VMWare, you can simply edit your virtual machine in VMWare and look at the MAC Address assigned to “Network adapter 1″. Or even simpler is to use ifcfg to list the adapters on the machine. In the example below, you can see that this example machine, (a clone of my quickbook server) couldn’t find eth0 by MAC address and assumed it was eth1 and then picked up a DHCP address instead of using the configured address for eth0:
With this information, grab the HWaddr, we will then edit the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file and change the HWADDR parameter to the MAC address that you found in one of the 2 steps above.
Use a Unique IP Address
Since this is a clone of a current server, you will want to be sure, since you are already in this file that the IP Address assigned to this adapter is unique on your network. If the source virtual machine that you cloned this machine from, you will want to resolve the conflict before continuing.
Restart the Network Service
After changing the MAC address, you will need to either reboot the operating system or restart the network adapter service. In my case, as I was on the console of this CentOS 6 machine, I simply restarted the network service:
which brought up eth0 now using the assigned IP Address. At this point, your eth0 should now be up and using the desired IP Address.
- [ 英文學習 ] (7)
- [ 計算機概論 ] (1)
- [ 深入雲計算 ] (8)
- [ 雜七雜八 ] (5)
- [ Algorithm in Java ] (26)
- [ Data Structures with Java ] (82)
- [ IR Class ] (19)
- [ Java 文章收集 ] (21)
- [ Java 代碼範本 ] (42)
- [ Java 套件 ] (11)
- [ JVM 應用 ] (7)
- [ LFD Note ] (2)
- [ MangoDB ] (7)
- [ Math CC ] (3)
- [ MongoDB ] (8)
- [ MySQL 小學堂 ] (1)
- [ Python 考題 ] (2)
- [ Python 常見問題 ] (20)
- [ Python 範例代碼 ] (8)
- [心得扎記] (1)
- [網路教學] (3)
- [C 常見考題] (2)
- [C 範例代碼] (4)
- [C/C++ 範例代碼] (18)
- [Intro Alg] (4)
- [Java 代碼範本] (25)
- [Java 套件] (16)
- [Linux 命令] (60)
- [Linux 小技巧] (34)
- [Linux 小學堂] (32)
- [ML In Action] (14)
- [ML] (51)
- [MLP] (7)
- [Python 學習筆記] (1)
- [Quick Python] (20)
- [Software Engineering] (8)
- [The python tutorial] (7)
- 工具收集 (21)
- 設計模式 (18)
- 資料結構 (68)
- ActiveMQ In Action (13)
- AI (6)
- Algorithm (4)
- Android (11)
- AWS (1)
- Big Data 研究 (15)
- C/C++ (68)
- C++ (19)
- CCDH (20)
- Coursera (2)
- Database (1)
- Design Pattern (1)
- Device Driver Programming (42)
- Docker (31)
- Docker 工具 (1)
- Docker Practice (6)
- Eclipse (1)
- English Writing (52)
- ExtJS 3.x (4)
- FP (1)
- FreeBSD (1)
- GCC (2)
- Git (4)
- Git Pro (4)
- GNU (30)
- Groovy (81)
- Hadoop (65)
- Hadoop. Hadoop Ecosystem (1)
- Java (260)
- Java Framework (1)
- Java UI (3)
- JavaIDE (2)
- JFreeChart (2)
- Kali/Metasploit (6)
- KVM (1)
- Learn Spark (10)
- Linux (243)
- Lucene (19)
- Math (8)
- MPI (3)
- Nachos (4)
- Network (3)
- NLP (1)
- OO (28)
- OpenCL (1)
- OpenMP (3)
- OSC (1)
- OSGi (10)
- Perl (24)
- Python (196)
- Python Std Library (36)
- Python tools (4)
- QEMU (1)
- R (1)
- RIA (14)
- RTC (5)
- Ruby (68)
- Ruby Packages (8)
- Scala (75)
- ScalaIA (15)
- TensorFlow (1)
- Tools (11)
- UML (2)
- Unix (18)
- Verilog (3)
- Vmware (2)
- Windows 技巧 (10)
- ► 2016 (273)
- ► 2015 (276)
- [Linux 文章收集] Tcpdump - how to fix the bad checksum...
- [CCDH] Exercise17 - Importing Data With Sqoop (P60...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Advance : 可執行物件 - 程式區塊與 Proc
- [ Java 文章收集 ] Monad Design Pattern in Java
- [ 文章收集 ] %Q, %q, %W, %w, %x, %r, %s
- [Toolkit] MSFConsoleATF - SimpleHttpClient.groovy ...
- [CCDH] Class3 - Programming with Hadoop Core API (...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Advance : 類別 - 檢視物件
- [ Java 常見問題 ] Check if a class is subclass of anot...
- [ Java 常見問題 ] How to Catching Ctrl+C in Java
- [CCDH] Class2 - Writing Basic MapReduce Programs (...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Advance : 類別 - BasicObject
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Advance : 類別 - 匿名單例類別
- [CCDH] Class2 - Writing Basic MapReduce Programs (...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Advance : 類別 - 關於 Class
- [CCDH] Class1 - The Motivation for Hadoop
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 模組 - 方法查找順序
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 模組 - 再看 self
- [ Doc ] Hadoop 2.5.1 - CentOS Cluster Setup (1 nam...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 模組 - 再看變數範圍
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 模組 - 堆疊擴充
- [ Doc ] Hadoop 2.5.1 - Setting up a Single Node Cl...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 模組 - 定義模組
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 物件相等性
- [ 常見問題 ] How to convert string to bytes in Ruby?
- [Linux 文章收集] How to set a default gateway on CentO...
- [ 常見問題 ] How can I redefine Fixnum's + (plus) meth...
- [ VMware 常見問題 ] Fixing eth0 MAC Address After VMwa...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 抽象類別與介面
- [ RubyAlg ] MIT Linear Algebra, Spring 2005 - Lec2...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 使用繼承
- [文章收集] Snort : Eyesight to the Blind – SSL Decrypt...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 建構、初始與消滅
- [ 常見問題 ] How to sum array of numbers in Ruby?
- [ 常見問題 ] Is there simpler (one-line) syntax to ali...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 關於 self
- [ 文章收集 ] Ruby Equality And Object Comparison
- [ Java 套件 ] junixsocket - Unix Domain Socket 4J
- [ Gossip in Java(2) ] 網路 : 入門 (Socket 類別)
- [ RubyAlg ] Matrix creation and basic operations
- [ 常見問題 ] Correct way to populate an Array with a R...
- [ 文章收集 ] Ruby Exceptions And Exception Handling
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 類別變數
- [ Java 套件 ] jnetpcap - Read Pcap file (Groovy vers...
- [ Ruby Gossip ] Basic : 類別 - 單例方法、實例方法、類別方法
- [ 文章收集 ] Input & output in Ruby
- ▼ 十一月 (46)
- ► 2013 (112)
- ► 2012 (197)
- ► 2011 (265)